Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fourth Word


From 12 to 3, the sun refused to light. Cloaked in Darkness, Death encroached. No full moon that passover holiday. No lunar eclipse to bid celestial exceptions. Quoting scriptures, Hebrew was Christ's choice. Psalm 22:1, but Bearing our sins - the perfect sacrifice - chose to speak the language his people spoke. In Syro Chaldaic, He loudly exclaimed.



"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

His cry, a complaint to a Father withdrawn. Every dark deed we've done on the cross, Christ bears it all, but Holiness shuns our unholy folly.The Father must turn, his character requires it. This terror, much worse than all He's endured, forsaken of God, unhelped and unheard. Yet, again and again, twice Jesus calls. My God, My God...

Witnesses say, He called upon Elijah. His speech slurred from blood loss and fever. Why have you left me?


To those who were there, the answer was death, but to Christ who hears all, he received his request. His Father responded.

"In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will make you a covenant for the people, to restore the land, to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’ and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment